Skip to content
Deshaun Watson again denies sexual misconduct allegations

BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson reiterated that he never committed sexual misconduct and said he plans to continue fighting to clear his name.

Watson, who faces civil lawsuits from 24 massage therapists in Texas accusing him of sexual assault and harassment in private sessions, stood by the previous comments proclaiming his innocence on Tuesday.

“I never assaulted anyone,” Watson said after practice as the Browns held their mandatory minicamp. “I never harassed anyone or disrespected anyone. I never forced anyone to do anything.

Watson spoke for the first time since March 25, a week after the Browns signed him to a fully guaranteed $230 million contract despite his legal status. Since then, her entanglements have escalated with two other women who have filed lawsuits.

Two Texas grand juries declined to indict him on criminal charges.

“I was honest and told the truth about my position,” he said. “I never forced anyone and I never attacked anyone. That’s what I’ve been saying all along and will continue to do so until all the facts are out.

Watson, 26, also faces possible disciplinary action from the NFL, which is investigating whether he violated its personal conduct policy. Watson, who could be suspended, said he was “open and honest” with the league.

“I did everything they asked me to do,” Watson said. “I’ve answered every question the NFL has asked me honestly. That’s all I can do is be honest and tell them exactly what happened and I know they have a job and I have to respect that and that’s what we wanted to do is cooperate.

___

More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/hub/nfl and https://apnews.com/hub/pro-32 and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL




973espn-yourbasin

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.