- Heavy rains cause flash flooding in cities across the country.
- After weeks of extreme drought in Texas, more than 10 inches of rain was recorded in parts of the Dallas Fort-Worth area.
- Dallas authorities have advised residents to avoid the roads as flooding continues Monday morning.
- Flash flood warnings have been extended in Dallas County until 10 a.m. local time.
- Cars were submerged in floodwaters on major highways, leaving people stranded for hours.
- Heavy rains have also caused recent flooding in parts of Louisiana, Arkansas and western Utah, Arizona and New Mexico.
Follow Newsweek’s live blog for the latest updates.
Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.