Welcome to Best of Late Night, a recap of the highlights from the night before that gets you to sleep – and gets us paid to watch the comedy. We’re all stuck at home right now, so here’s the 50 best movies on Netflix right now.
The fourth time is the charm
In his Monday night monologue, Conan O’Brien announced that after 11 years, he will “wrap up” his late night show on TBS, with a final episode airing on June 24.
“Some of you are wondering why I am doing this? Why end things here at TBS? O’Brien said. “And I’ll tell you: because a very old Buddhist monk once told me that in order to pick up something you have to put something down first.
O’Brien has said he is leaving to kick off a “fourth iteration” of his program with HBO Max later this year, and that his final two months on TBS will be devoted to clips of his favorite moments and will include special guests.
“I’m very proud of what we’ve accomplished here,” said O’Brien. “And so what I would like is if the last few weeks were a flashback to all the absurd madness that my team and I have concocted. Better yet, I just want to point out that there will be shockingly few, if any, references to Donald Trump because it has always been my favorite genre of comedy.
The Most Impactful Strike Lines (Things Are Looking Up Edition)
“According to the polls, the last time we were about to be this optimistic was in 2006. I’m not surprised. That’s when Tom Hanks brought the mule back. – JIMMY FALLON
“That’s right, 64% are feeling optimistic, while the remaining 36% have had a rough weekend at the Kentucky Derby.” – JIMMY FALLON
Bits to watch
Roy Wood Jr. shared the story of black royalty on Monday’s “The Daily Show”.
What turns us on Tuesday night
Dr Anthony Fauci will offer coronavirus updates on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” Tuesday.