NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Cinnamon and sugar churros are about to get the waffle treatment.
“Do you love churros but hate going out of the house to buy them? Now you can enjoy the flavor at home in the easiest way possible with these churro waffles,” said Kelly Tomlinson of lifestyle blog LiveLoveTexas.com.
“Best of all, no frying necessary! You can also make a delicious dessert by adding ice cream between two waffle quarters!”
STRAWBERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE: TRY THE RECIPE
Whichever delicious way you choose to prepare them, get the recipe below.
Churro Waffles by Kelly Tomlinson of Live Love Texas
Makes 12 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the waffles:
5 tablespoons of white sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
½ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon of salt
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups milk at room temperature
2 teaspoons of yeast
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
CINNAMON AND STREUSEL CASSE BUTTER COFFEE CAKE: TRY THE RECIPE
For the churro filling:
5 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
Melted butter or cooking spray
THE POPULAR CEREAL THAT STARTED THE DECADE YOU WERE BORN
1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, butter, salt, flour, milk, baking powder and cinnamon until well blended.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Lightly coat the waffle maker with cooking spray and pour about ¾ cup to 1 cup of batter onto the waffle maker for each waffle.
4. While the waffle is baking, combine the cinnamon and sugar for the churro topping on a plate.
5. Once the waffle is cooked, coat each side with melted butter or butter spray, then roll it in the churro filling.
6. Breakfast is ready! If that’s not enough sugar for you, you can also serve it with syrup. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
This original recipe belongs to livelovetexas.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP