Exports with a solid performance, but not so much for imports.
Terms in yuan
China’s trade balance: surplus of CNY 433.19 billion
- expected CNY 386 billion, before CNY 376 billion
Exports + 19.9% y / y for a beat
- expected 17.1%, before was 15.7%
Imports + 10.1% y / y for failure
- expected 22.3%, before 23.1%
China’s trade balance: $ 66.73 billion
- forecast $ 47.6 billion, before $ 58.3 billion
Exports + 28.1% year-on-year
- expected 21.5%, before 25.6%
Imports + 17.6% year-on-year
- expected 19.2%, before was 33.1%
The trade surplus with the United States is US $ 280 billion for the months of January to September (ie YTD). This will add to the renewed urgency in the United States to correct the imbalance. .
The surge in Chinese exports, higher than expected and higher than the previous month, comes despite the country’s power shortage problems. All the more impressive.