Skip to content
Child killed in Waukesha Christmas parade massacre

The horror of the Waukesha Christmas Parade massacre continued on Tuesday when prosecutors announced that an eight-year-old boy had died from injuries sustained in the attack.

The boy, Jackson Sparks, died Tuesday afternoon at the Wisconsin Children’s Hospital. Jackson’s older brother Tucker was also injured in the attack and is currently recovering in the intensive care unit, according to WISN.

Launched Monday, the Sparks family’s GoFundMe page has raised $ 206,268 and continues to climb hour by hour. The page description reads as follows:

Tucker, is recovering, but suffered a rash and a fractured skull. They keep a close watch on his head and spine. He’s stable at the moment. Jackson, 8, had brain surgery on Sunday night. Doctors will test brain function and brainstem activity today (Monday, November 22). He needs a miracle.

Shortly after Jackson’s tragic death, the GoFundMe was updated to reflect this:

This afternoon, our dear Jackson unfortunately succumbed to his injuries and passed away.

Know that they appreciate your continued prayers and your tremendous outpouring of support for their families. They are however asking for privacy at this time to allow Tucker to continue to heal physically and for their family to heal and mourn the tremendous loss of their sweet baby boy who is now in the care of Jesus.

With Jackson, the death toll in Waukesha has now risen to six as several victims, including children, remain in critical condition. The other five victims of the attack were identified on Monday. Their names:

1.) Wilhelm Hospel, 81 years old

2.) Virginia “Ginny” Sorenson, 79 years old

3.) LeAnna Owen, 71

4.) Tamara Durand, 52 years old

5.) Jane Kulich, 52

Darrell E. Brooks Jr., the sole suspect in the attack, first appeared in court on Tuesday, where he was charged with five counts of first degree manslaughter. A sixth charge will soon be laid for Jackson’s death. According to Fox News, Brooks “audibly sobbed when District Attorney Susan Opper announced that a 6th victim – the first child – had died.”

Although Brooks fled the scene of a family unrest before the attack, police noted that his alleged act of plowing an SUV into crowds of innocent people attending a Christmas parade was “intentional”, the motive of which was still remains unknown.

Contrary to initial reports, Brooks was not being pursued by police at the time of the attack.

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.