CHICAGO (SCS) — Chicago police are warning residents of a spate of commercial burglaries this week.
The incidents all happened in the Morgan Park area in the early hours of the morning. According to the police, the burglars broke a window to enter the businesses, then took objects and money.
Here is the time and place of the incident:
- July 31, 2022 0200-0300 hours 2300 block of W. 111th St.
- Aug 06, 2022 0344 hours 2300 block of W. 111th St.
- August 06, 2022 0318 hours 10500 block of S. Western Ave.
No description of the burglars was given.
Police remind the public of the following safety tips:
• Secure all windows and doors in your business.
• Make sure the front door of your building is locked
• Keep doors locked and security gates secure.
• Keep track of the serial numbers of your electronic devices
• Consider installing an alarm and monitoring system.
• Be aware of this situation and alert neighbors in the area about this crime.
• Dial 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of any
persons, including vehicle description and license plate information.
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to call the South Area Detective Division at (312) 747-8273 and reference RD#: JF338336, JF346286, JF346430.