Norwich was so bad they “made Antonio Rudiger look like Cafu” as Premier League leaders Chelsea adopted the style in a stunning 7-0 rout of the struggling Canaries.
It was top against bottom at Stamford Bridge and the quality chasm was very clear as Thomas Tuchel’s men simply blew the visitors away, even without injured frontmen Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner.
Why do you need it, as Ben Chilwell hits in goal and Mason Mount ends his scoring drought with a hat-trick?
- Mount started the party with a cracker with just eight minutes on the clock.
- Hudson-Odoi, back in the squad with both Lukaku and Werner on the sidelines, then scored.
- Chelsea’s third was a goal scored at Cobham, Mount playing with Reece James who showed the clinical touch of a striker to beat the keeper with a nasty dink.
- Chilwell then had fun with a brilliant finish from the left – the England defender scoring four goals in his last four Premier League appearances.
- Chelsea’s fifth goal saw a Hudson-Odoi center deflect and Krul on the wrong foot.
- Things then went from bad to worse for Norwich as center-back Ben Gibson was subsequently sent off for a second offense to be booked – a reckless lunge on James.
- And the huge win ended with two late goals from Mount, who scored his second from the penalty spot before clinching his hat-trick with a tap.
Follow our live match blog for regular updates …