Chelsea are kicking off their Carabao Cup campaign by hosting Aston Villa in west London on Wednesday evening.
The Blues had an excellent start to the season, which saw them win five of their first six matches in all competitions.
Sunday’s 3-0 win over Tottenham was a real highlight and now their attention will turn to Villa in the cup.
Dean Smith’s side also had a great weekend after beating Everton 3-0 at home.
Villa will be desperate to mount a real cup race this season, but if they are to do so they will have to defeat Thomas Tuchel and co first.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Wednesday night’s contest.
Chelsea v Aston Villa: talkSPORT commentary
This third round match will take place on Wednesday September 22 with a kick-off at 7.45 p.m.
The contest will be broadcast live on talkSPORT 2 with commentary provided by Jim Proudfoot and Matt Holland.
To connect, click on the radio player below or HERE for the live stream.
Here are the other ways to listen …
Application iPhone– Download from the Apple store
Android– Download from Google Play
Radio– talkSPORT is available across the UK via DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
TV –Listen to talkSPORT on your TV on the following channels:Sky:Channel 0108Blank media:Channel 927TNT:Channel 723Freesat:Channel 731
Next talkSPORT comments
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
- Norwich v Liverpool – 7.45pm Carabao Cup Third Round – talkSPORT
- Fulham v Leeds – 7.45pm Carabao Cup Third Round – talkSPORT 2
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 22
- Manchester United v West Ham – 7:45 p.m. Carabao Cup Third Round – talkSPORT
- Chelsea v Aston Villa – 7:45 p.m. Carabao Cup Third Round – talkSPORT 2
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 24
- West Brom v QPR 8:00 p.m., Championship – talkSPORT 2 EXCLUSIVE
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 25
- Chelsea v Manchester City – 12:30 p.m. Premier League – talkSPORT EXCLUSIVE
- Manchester United v Aston Villa – 12:30 p.m., Premier League – talkSPORT 2 EXCLUSIVE
- Everton v Norwich – 3:00 p.m., Premier League – talkSPORT 2 EXCLUSIVE
- Brentford v Liverpool – 5.30 p.m. Premier League – EXCLUSIVE talkSPORT
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 26
- Manchester United Women v Chelsea Women – 12:30 p.m., WSL – talkSPORT 2
- Arsenal Women v Manchester City Women – 6:45 p.m., WSL – talkSPORT 2
Chelsea v Aston Villa: team news
Tuchel seems ready to reshuffle the peloton for the visit of Aston Villa.
Edouard Mendy is expected to be missed for Chelsea while several other first-team players could rest as the German boss looks to turn his squad around.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ben Chilwell and Timo Werner are among the players who could start at Stamford Bridge.
On Dean Smith’s side, there could also be some changes.
Smith could turn his team around and give an opportunity to Emi Buendia who hopes to make a strong impression from the start.
Meanwhile, Trezeguet and Keinan Davis will be absent as long-term absentees.