Chelsea were held 2-2 by Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League on Sunday. The Blues remain unbeaten in their league campaign, however, picking up four points from two games.
Meanwhile, the London giants have submitted a bid to sign a striker from Barcelona. Elsewhere, Blues manager Thomas Tuchel opened his line with Spurs manager Antonio Conte in Sunday’s game.
On that note, here’s a rundown of Chelsea’s top transfer stories as of August 15, 2022:
Chelsea submit offer for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Chelsea have submitted a player-plus-cash offer to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, according to Futbol Total via The Hard Tackle.
The Gabon international has been a target for Tuchel this summer, with the German manager keen to sign a new striker to lead the line. Tuchel has his eyes on Aubameyang, having previously managed him at Borussia Dortmund.
The Blues have offered the Blaugrana €6m plus Marcos Alonso and Michy Batshuayi for the 33-year-old. The player is likely to struggle for chances at Camp Nou following Robert Lewandowski’s arrival, so a move could suit Aubameyang.
The London giants’ offer might also appeal to the Blaugrana as they are interested in Alonso.
Thomas Tuchel opens up on the line with Antonio Conte
Thomas Tuchel refused to dwell on his spat with Antonio Conte. The two managers faced off in the London Derby on Sunday and also argued after 90 minutes.
Speaking after the draw, Tuchel said it was all part of the game.
“I liken it to two players fighting a bit on the pitch but nothing happens; no one gets hurt. This is Premier League football; both managers got involved today because both were fighting for our teams. That was it.” said Tuchel.
“No one was insulted; we didn’t have a fight. For me, it’s okay. It was part of the game today. I enjoyed it. I think he enjoyed it too. It was nothing wrong.”
Both managers received marching orders at the end of the game and are now facing a one-game ban on the touchline.
Kalidou Koulibaly happy to score on Stamford Bridge debut
Kalidou Koulibaly is delighted to have scored his first goal for Chelsea against Tottenham on Sunday. The Senegalese has adapted well to life in London since arriving from Napoli this summer.
Koulibaly showed he could be an asset at the other end of the park with a superb strike on his home debut on Sunday. Speaking after the match, the Senegalese said he wanted to continue his fine run in front of goal.
“I felt amazing to score with my second shot at Stamford Bridge; it was really beautiful. I didn’t expect it, but I was really happy to do it in front of our supporters. It was an amazing atmosphere, and when everyone shouted my name, I was really happy, and I hope it won’t be the last time. I want to feel that next time,” Koulibaly said.
Koulibaly believes the Blues deserved more from the game and hope to improve as a unit.
“It was very close. We knew it was a tough game against a good team. We showed that our plan was good because we showed Chelsea’s good face early in the game. We scored the goal, and after (that), we continued,” Koulibaly said.
“In the second half we conceded the goal which was a bit hard for us but we kept believing and keep pushing forward. I was really happy with Reece’s second goal but finishing this game with a draw was difficult. I think we deserve more, and we have to keep believing in ourselves because we know we are a great team, and we can do better.”
Koulibaly has started both games for the London giants this season.