Skip to content
Buckingham Palace to investigate Duchess of Sussex intimidation allegations


Meghan

Buckingham Palace is to investigate allegations that the Duchess of Sussex intimidated several of her staff, it was announced Wednesday evening.

A spokesperson said they were “clearly very concerned” by allegations that Meghan, 39, kicked out two PAs and undermined the trust of a third.

Royal aides had expressed concerns about how these matters were being handled by the palace.

Sources expressed concern that nothing was done at the time to investigate the situation and nothing has been done since to protect staff from the possibility of intimidation by a family member. royal.

Buckingham Palace has confirmed that its human resources team will look into the circumstances described in the various allegations disclosed to The Times.

He said: “Staff members involved at the time, including those who left the home, will be invited to participate to see if any lessons can be learned.

“The Royal Household has had a policy of dignity in the workplace for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

Although the palace has not revealed a timeline for its investigation, it is understood that human resources staff are hoping to start it soon. Any resulting policy or procedural changes will be shared in its annual Sovereign Grants Report, which highlights significant changes in operations.

After the allegations emerged, the Duchess of Sussex claimed she had been the victim of a “smear campaign”.

A Sussex spokesperson told The Telegraph: “The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, especially as someone who has been bullied herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have. suffered suffering and trauma.

“She is determined to continue her work of promoting compassion in the world and will continue to strive to lead by example in doing what is right and doing what is right.”



Source link