Entertainment

Bruce Springsteen breaks silence after health concerns postponed concerts

Days after Bruce Springsteen announced he was postponing his European performances due to “vocal issues,” he broke his silence on social media to share a message with his fans.

On Sunday, Springsteen, 74, posted a video of himself on Instagram from Marseille, France.

“We will be back,” he wrote in the caption of the message in which he addresses the camera: “Hey, this is Bruce Springsteen. I’m in Marseille. Unfortunately, I couldn’t sing for you but we we will come back to Marseille, Prague and Milan to give you the show of your life, I promise.

“In the meantime, I would like to thank our Irish fans, our British fans and our fans in Wales for giving us a series of deeply memorable concerts and we had a great time there,” he said. for follow-up. “We will be back, back to Madrid and Barcelona, ​​where we plan to thrill you! Very good, see you soon. Bye Bye.”

LEARN MORE: Springsteen postpones 4 shows due to ‘vocal issues’

Springsteen initially postponed his May 25 performance with the E Street Band in Marseille, but then had to postpone three additional dates on doctor’s orders.

“Further examination and consultation led doctors to determine that Bruce should not play for the next 10 days,” the posts said.

The shows scheduled for May 28 in Prague and June 1 and 3 in Milan will be postponed. New show dates will be “announced shortly,” the posts say.

Springsteen’s next performance will be June 12 in Madrid, his social media accounts said.

In March, Springsteen said his 2023 battle with peptic ulcer disease, which forced him to postpone more than 20 performances last year, was so severe that he feared he would never sing again.

“You’re like, Hey, am I going to sing again? “It’s one of the things I love doing the most, and right now I can’t do it,” he said in a call with SiriusXM’s E Street Radio channel. “I found some great doctors and they set me right, and I can’t do anything but thank them.”

More music coverage

Saleah Blancaflor can be reached at sblancaflor@njadvancemedia.com. Follow her on Twitter at @saleleyley And Instagram.

Karin Price Mueller, NJ Advance Media Staff contributed to this report.

Gn entert
News Source : www.nj.com

Eleon

With a penchant for words, Eleon Smith began writing at an early age. As editor-in-chief of his high school newspaper, he honed his skills telling impactful stories. Smith went on to study journalism at Columbia University, where he graduated top of his class. After interning at the New York Times, Smith landed a role as a news writer. Over the past decade, he has covered major events like presidential elections and natural disasters. His ability to craft compelling narratives that capture the human experience has earned him acclaim. Though writing is his passion, Eleon also enjoys hiking, cooking and reading historical fiction in his free time. With an eye for detail and knack for storytelling, he continues making his mark at the forefront of journalism.
Back to top button