Brooks Koepka followed Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau and Phil Mickelson in joining the LIV Golf Invitational series; the former world No. 1 and four-time major winner will compete for the first time in Oregon on June 30
Last update: 06/22/22 6:32 p.m.
Four-time major winner Brooks Koepka has been confirmed as the latest major player to leave the PGA Tour and join the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitational series.
The former world No. 1 had already withdrawn from this week’s PGA Tour Travelers Championship in Connecticut and will next compete in the second Series LIV event of the season in Oregon on June 30.
He follows Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau and Phil Mickelson to join the breakaway series.
“The impact Brooks Koepka has had on the game of golf over the past five years cannot be underestimated,” said LIV Golf CEO and Commissioner Greg Norman.
“He carries a championship pedigree and a track record of success as one of the most elite players in the world.
“The addition of Brooks is another example of the incredible courses LIV Golf is assembling as we build momentum in our first season and look to the future.”
Former world number one Rory McIlroy said he was surprised by Brooks Koepka’s decision to join the Saudi-backed LIV Invitational Series.
Former world number 1 Rory McIlroy says he is surprised by the “duplicitous” behavior of some golfers who have made the switch to the LIV series.
The PGA Tour has announced plans to compete with Series LIV, which includes price increases starting in 2024.
Get the best prices and book a round on any of 1,700 courses in the UK and Ireland