NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The house where Brittany Murphy was found dead once belonged to Britney Spears.
Years later, Spears remains “curious” about what happened to Murphy.
The 40-year-old pop star shared — then deleted — a People magazine cover of new details about Murphy’s death that were shared in the HBO documentary “What Happened, Brittany Murphy?”
Murphy was found dead in her Hollywood Hills home on December 20, 2009, at the age of 32.
“I saw this online today… anyone else curious??? She passed away at 32… HMMMMMMMMMMM [emojis] …JUST TO SAY!!!! Psss I know it was a while ago but come on… they STILL INVESTIGATE!!!!” Spears wrote in the caption.
“WHAT HAPPENED, BRITTANY MURPHY?” FROM HBO MAX: “6 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THE DOCUMENTARY”
Spears sold the house to Murphy in 2003 for $3.85 million, according to People magazine.
Murphy died of pneumonia, anemia and multiple drug poisoning from prescription and over-the-counter medications, according to the medical examiner’s report at the time. His death was ruled accidental.
Murphy’s husband, Simon Monjack, died four months after Murphy died of similar causes.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
The actual cause of Murphy’s death has been debated by the public, his friends and his father since his death, according to the HBO documentary.
Many rumors surfaced that the actress died of a drug overdose since she was so young and because the toxicology report mentioned “multiple drug poisoning”. However, Dr. Lisa Scheinin, who performed Murphy’s autopsy, never found any illegal drugs in Murphy’s system. She also ruled that prescription drugs found in Murphy’s system were not the primary cause of death.
Murphy’s father, Angelo Bertolotti, believed Murphy had been poisoned. He hired a private lab to perform tests on Murphy’s body. The lab found large amounts of 10 metals in Murphy’s system. However, a medical examiner explained that the metals were not found in Murphy’s blood and concluded that she was not poisoned.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Reports that exposure to black mold played a role in Murphy’s death surfaced in the media, but the coroner confirmed there was no black mold in the household.