Deputy Governor Paul Beaudry’s alarm bells sound
- BOC sees more chance for real estate market correction
- Housing market imbalances and high levels of household debt have intensified in some ways thanks to the pandemic
- The sudden influx of investors in housing likely contributed to the rapid price increases seen this year
- Particularly worrying that expectations of house price increases could create a disconnect between real house prices and their more fundamental levels
- With the resumption of immigration, the supply / demand imbalance could worsen
- The pace of house prices is picking up again
- Household insolvencies at their lowest for several years, few companies show signs of financial stress
I could write 1000 words about housing in Canada, but a picture says it all. That’s what $ 1,080,000 will get you in Toronto.
Invest in yourself. See our forex education center.
Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.