Chicago police say six people, including a 19-year-old woman, were killed and at least 30 others injured in shootings across the city over the weekend.
A 32-year-old man died after being shot during a verbal altercation in the 1100 block of North Ridgeway, police say.
Authorities say the man got into a fight with another individual, who then pulled out a gun and opened fire, hitting the victim in the leg.
Police said he was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No suspects are in custody and an investigation is still ongoing.
Just after midnight Sunday in the 1800 block of West 78e Street, a group of five teenagers were all shot by an unknown suspect who was driving near the scene.
A 19-year-old woman was shot in the chest and later pronounced dead at an area hospital, police said.
A 17-year-old girl was shot in the back and taken to hospital in serious condition. Three other victims, a 17-year-old boy, an 18-year-old man and a 19-year-old man, were all taken to area hospitals in fair condition.
No suspects are in custody and the police are continuing their investigation.
Early Saturday morning, one person was fatally shot and a second was injured around 6:04 a.m. in the 9400 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue, according to law enforcement. A stranger and a 28-year-old man were walking outside when an unidentified assailant approached and fired in their direction.
The 28-year-old was shot in the arm and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead, police said. The second victim suffered a scrape to the left side of his head and was refused EMS at the scene.
At around 5:17 a.m. Saturday in the 3900 block of West Fillmore, a 19-year-old man was found with fatal gunshot wounds to the chest, authorities said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
In a separate incident, a 62-year-old man was fatally shot around 11:09 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of West 71st Street, authorities said. The victim was sitting in his vehicle at a stop sign when someone fired shots. He was shot in the head and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
In the first fatal incident of the weekend, a 38-year-old man died of injuries sustained in a shooting around 10.38 p.m. in the 500 block of West 95th Street, police said. The victim was driving when an unknown person fired from the sidewalk. The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center with multiple gunshot wounds to his body and pronounced dead.
Here are the other shootings that have been reported so far:
- Police say a 19-year-old man was standing outside in the 2500 block of South Kedzie at around 12:01 a.m. when he was shot in the leg. He was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- A 22-year-old woman was in the passenger seat of a vehicle in the 3200 block of West 23rd Street around 12:57 a.m. when she was shot in the elbow, police say. She was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- At around 2:28 a.m. in the 3100 block of West Montrose, two men were standing outside when they heard gunshots. A 35-year-old man was shot in the thigh and was listed in serious condition at an area hospital. A 32-year-old man was taken to a hospital in good condition after being shot in the foot, police said.
- In the 1500 block of East 75e Around 3:10 a.m., a 40-year-old man was walking when a suspect approached him and asked for his bag. The victim obeyed, but the suspect fired a shot, hitting him in the leg. Police said the man was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- Police say a 17-year-old boy was in a vehicle in the 4300 block of South Western Boulevard around 3:30 a.m. when he was shot in the head. Police said he was taken to a local hospital, where he was listed in critical condition.
- Two men were sitting on a porch in the 1200 block of South Tripp at around 3:33 a.m. when they were both shot. Police say one man was shot in the lower leg and the other in the lower back, but neither is cooperating with police in the investigation.
- At approximately 5:19 a.m. in the 7100 block of South Paulina, a 21-year-old man was standing when a person in a dark-colored SUV fired shots, hitting him repeatedly. The victim was transported to an area hospital, where his condition later stabilized, police said.
- In the 1500 block of South Pulaski at around 5:36 a.m., a 36-year-old man was driving a vehicle when a sedan drove by and a man opened fire, striking him in the left arm. Police said the man was taken to an area hospital, where his condition stabilized.
- At around 12:08 a.m. in the 5200 block of South Honore, a 21-year-old man was shot dead as he stood on the sidewalk, police said. The victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center with a gunshot wound to the back and listed in critical condition.
- In the 600 block of North Sawyer at around 1:11 a.m., a 42-year-old man was sitting on a porch when someone in a dark sedan fired the shots, police said. The victim was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital and listed as undamaged with a gunshot wound to the right foot.
- A 19-year-old woman was shot and injured around 5:04 a.m. in the 0-100 block of West Ohio, authorities said. The victim was inside a vehicle when he heard gunshots and felt pain. She was shot in the back and was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in stable condition.
- A 23-year-old man was shot dead at around 7.21am in the 11200 block of South Parnell, police said. The victim was outside when gunshots were heard and he felt pain. He self-transported to Advocate Trinity Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left arm and was listed in stable condition.
- At around 2.50pm in the 1100 block of West Argyle, a 59-year-old man was walking when he was shot in the right shoulder, police said. He was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and listed in stable condition.
- In the 1200 block of West 71st Place at around 6:08 p.m., a 36-year-old woman was exiting a vehicle when she heard gunshots and felt pain, police said. The victim was shot in the buttocks and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in fair condition. The victim told police that the individual who shot him was inside a Dodge Charger.
- A 17-year-old boy was walking in the 1100 block of South Pulaski around 6 p.m. when he was approached by a man who demanded his property. After the teenager told the suspect he had no items, the suspect shot him in the leg and fled. Police said the boy was taken to an area hospital in good condition.
- Just before 9 p.m. in the 7900 block of South Wabash, a 30-year-old man was shot dead after a verbal altercation. Police said the man was taken to an area hospital in serious condition after being shot in the chest.
- In the 1500 block of South Ridgeway at around 11:36 p.m., two people were shot by someone in a red sedan, police say. A 26-year-old man was shot in the leg and a 24-year-old woman was shot in the leg, and both are in good condition in area hospitals.
- Three people were injured in a shooting around 9:12 p.m. in the 3300 block of West Harrison, police said. The victims were standing on the sidewalk when shots were fired. A 17-year-old girl was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital with a gunshot wound to her left leg and is believed to be in critical condition. A 20-year-old victim was also taken to hospital with a gunshot wound to the face, police said. A third victim, a 21-year-old man, entered hospital after being shot in the body. It was listed in fair condition.
- At around 9:17 p.m. in the 5600 block of South Winchester, a 19-year-old woman was driving when an unidentified man fired from the sidewalk, police said. The victim was shot in the right leg and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center and is believed to be in good condition.
- In the 5300 block of South Francisco around 10:28 p.m., a 25-year-old man was shot and injured while driving, police said. He was shot in the abdomen and reportedly in serious condition at the University of Chicago Medical Center.