Antonio Conte: Tottenham boss says he’s ‘happy’ at club amid ‘disrespectful’ links with Juventus job | Soccer News


Tottenham head coach Antonio Conte has said the reports linking him with a return to Juventus were “disrespectful” and “unbelievable”, and insists he is happy at Spurs.

According to reports in Italy last week, Conte is set to replace under-pressure Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri, who could potentially be sacked with the Old Lady struggling in Serie A with just two wins in seven games this season.

The Italian giants are also said to be encouraged by Conte’s contract situation at Tottenham, with his current contract expiring next summer.

But Conte, who joined Spurs in November 2021 and then guided them to Champions League qualification, dismissed the rumors from his home country.

“It’s amazing,” said the 53-year-old. “In this period, I think it’s disrespectful for the coach who works at Juventus and for me who works at Tottenham.

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

FREE TO WATCH: Highlights of Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City in the Premier League

“We have just started the season. I have often spoken about this subject and I have always said that I am happy and that I am enjoying my time with Tottenham.

“We have the whole season to find the best solution for the club and for me, and of course I am enjoying my time at Tottenham.

“I have a great relationship with the owner and [Fabio] Paratici [Spurs managing director of football]. I don’t see any problem at the moment in the future. We both signed the contract.

“I don’t want to listen to anyone talk about this [speculation].”

Conte: Richarlison’s racial abuse is embarrassing

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

Conte called for fans who racially abuse players to be banned from attending games for life. Conte reacted to the news that Richarlison had a banana thrown at him after scoring for Brazil during the international break

Conte’s side returned to action at north London rivals Arsenal on Saturday after the international break, which saw Spurs forward Richarlison racially abused while playing for Brazil.

The 25-year-old had a banana thrown at him during Brazil’s friendly win against Tunisia in Paris on Tuesday, with FIFA opening an investigation into the incident.

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

Tottenham striker Richarlison has urged authorities to find the fan who threw a banana at him in Brazil’s friendly win over Tunisia in Paris

Asked about the racial abuse directed at Richarlison, Conte said: “Richy played with the national team, scored a goal and then what happened is unbelievable because in 2022 to witness this type of situation is embarrassing for everyone.

“Of course, I hope that person can be banned from football for the rest of their life, but it’s a very disappointing situation to comment on that.”




Sky Sports

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button