Skip to content
Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury could be staged in Middle East with venues ready to host a fight |  Boxing News


Anthony Joshua vs Tyson could be staged in the Middle East despite extreme weather conditions in July, with indoor venues already set, promoter Eddie Hearn said.

Unified champion Joshua and WBC King Fury have signed contracts for an undisputed world heavyweight title fight, with promoter Eddie Hearn confident as ever to finalize a date and venue for a successful battle this summer.

The Matchroom boss will present several options to both fighters, including Wembley Stadium on July 24, but the Middle East is a serious option with arenas specifically designed to host the event.








1:27

Joshua and Fury have ‘multiple offers’ to plan their fight, says Eddie Hearn

“Nothing is ideal,” Hearn said Sky Sports. “If that were ideal, we would be right at Wembley with 100,000 people.

“But I don’t know if Tyson Fury would take that offer. We might see Sunday.

“But if it’s 20,000 or 15,000 in an arena, all the Middle Eastern offerings have been based on a covered arena.

“We know it’s hot out there in July, of course, so there’s no option to go out. He has to be in a covered arena and those arenas are already in place, ready to stage this fight. . “

Hearn previously revealed that Saudi Arabia was “absolutely keen” to secure Joshua against Fury, saying Sky Sports: “We had a great experience there in December 2019, with Anthony Joshua versus Andy Ruiz, so these are players that we know to be for real.



Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury could be staged in Middle East with venues ready to host a fight |  Boxing News







2:23

Sky Sports went behind the scenes of Ruiz Jr vs Joshua rematch in Saudi Arabia

“We went through the process with them. They gave us their word on what they were going to deliver and they did. It was a fantastic event.

“Most people would prefer it to be a bit later, but that’s not what’s on the table. We want two. [Joshua vs Fury] fights this year and the first will take place this summer. “

Fury tweeted on Wednesday evening that terms were to be agreed within three days following criticism from his father John about the progress of negotiations.

Hearn insists Joshua is “comfortable” with the current offers, but wonders if Team Fury is also engaged in the fight.

He said: “This is the date we have given ourselves [end of this week], that’s the date we’re working on, but of course if we write contracts at this point with one site, would Tyson be kind enough to give us 24 more? I do not know.

“It depends on their side, but this is the deadline we are working on, to present all the options to the fighters.

“I can’t get Tyson Fury to get in the ring and take this fight, John Fury has accepted this fight, but this is going to be, by far, the biggest financial fight for the two guys from a mile out of country.

“On our side, we’re really comfortable. You don’t see AJ tweeting, ‘Oh three days left, time is running out! “

“Don’t you want this fight?

“No, you see AJ say, ‘I’m working out, I’m training for this fight,’ and I talk to him every day.

“We keep the team, 258, everyone over there up to date. That’s the only thing that concerns us.”

Watch Conor Benn vs Samuel Vargas Saturday night from 7pm on Sky Sports.





Source link