Skip to content
an “exceptional” defense council at the Élysée to take stock

Published on : Modified :

President Emmanuel Macron met on Thursday morning a defense council dedicated to the Pegasus affair and the issue of cybersecurity, which “allowed to have a progress report” on the ongoing investigations, according to the door. – government speech, Gabriel Attal.

The Pegasus cyberespionage case continues to hold the attention of the executive. Emmanuel Macron met, Thursday morning July 22, a defense council on cybersecurity. “The President of the Republic is following this file as closely as possible and takes this matter very seriously,” said Gabriel Attal on France Inter.

The government spokesperson recalled that France was continuing its investigations, after the revelations on the presence of Emmanuel Macron’s phones among the potential targets of the spyware.

“There are investigations which are being carried out and the defense council has allowed us to have a progress report on this work which is currently being carried out of verification”, he declared later Thursday, questioned on BFMTV.

“A number of security protocols have been readjusted, particularly around the President of the Republic. In addition, the National Information Systems Security Agency has started to offer support to people who may have been targeted by an attack. technical, “added Gabriel Attal.

Tuesday, Le Monde and Radio France, which are part of the consortium of 17 media at the origin of the revelations on a system of mass espionage linked to the Pegasus software, had revealed that an issue of the head of state appeared “in the list of numbers selected by a Moroccan state security service, user of the Pegasus spyware, for potential piracy “.

>> To read: Between NSO and the Israeli authorities, troubled links

The “protections” on the president’s phones

A security source assured AFP on Wednesday that, for Emmanuel Macron’s mobile phones, “the security settings are as restrictive as possible and the installations of applications and downloads are blocked.”

“This is a case which, if what has been revealed by Radio France (and the newspaper Le Monde) is confirmed and proven, is very serious,” Gabriel Attal said Thursday.

“The phones (of the president) are changed regularly. There are a certain number of security parameters which protect, which are changed very regularly. There are protections which are made,” assured the spokesperson, questioned on a possible neglect at the top of the state.

Gabriel Attal also said that it was necessary to “protect the others (people concerned), the public and economic sectors” of the country, recalling that a plan of “100 million euros” had been launched a year ago to “equip our hospitals and help our local communities “to cope with cyber attacks.

With AFP

.



Source link