Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka will stand trial for traffic violations in December.
Last month, the 23-year-old pleaded guilty to driving without a driving license, without a license and without insurance after being pulled over by police on June 23 in Manchester.
The footballer is currently still licensed to drive as his ban was ‘overturned’ until trial later this year.
His lawyer told Manchester Magistrates’ Court the player did not know he was banned when he was arrested.
Days earlier, on June 18, the Leeds Magistrates’ Court had disqualified him for six months after failing to provide driver details of a speeding violation in Yorkshire in September 2020.
His lawyers say the letters were sent to his old address in Croydon, south London. Wan-Bissaka lived there while playing for Crystal Palace, before joining United on a £ 45million contract in July 2019.
Defending Shaun Draycott told Manchester court: “When Mr Wan-Bissaka drove on June 23, he did so completely ignoring the fact of the disqualification.”
Wan-Bissaka has been excused from appearing in court for Thursday’s hearing.
District Judge Bernard Begley has set a December 20 trial date at Manchester Magistrates’ Court, where Wan-Bissaka will testify in person to explain why he did not provide driver details for the over-driving offense. speed in Yorkshire.
He will then be convicted of driving with a driving ban in Manchester.