A fire ravages the coupling station in Mentone

MENTONE, Alabama (AS TO) — A century-old building in Mentone was engulfed in flames on Thursday evening.

According to the building’s owner, The Hitching Post, located at the corner of Alabama Highway 117 and DeSoto Parkway, caught fire Thursday night. The building was under renovation.

The property is a total loss, according to owner, Jerry Clifton.

“We are devastated, but grateful that everyone is safe,” read a statement posted to social media on Thursday evening. “Heartbroken, but grateful for God’s protective hand on the firefighters and surrounding properties.”

According to mentonehitchingpost.com, the building “has been part of Mentone’s history for over a century. A renovation is underway to bring this old friend back to life. For more information on the original Hitching Post, click here.

News 19 has contacted local fire departments for more information.


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button