Skip to content
8-year-old boy killed by illegal fireworks hit him

An 8-year-old boy was killed after being struck by illegal fireworks at a block party in Colton earlier this month, San Bernardino police said.

The boy – identified by KCBS-TV Channel 2 as Urijah Roque – was attending an unofficial block party on July 4 in the 500 block of South San Carlo Avenue when revelers set off illegal fireworks, according to one. declaration Monday by the police.

“Numerous illegal fireworks were fired at the rally, many of which were fired from a mortar-type tube,” authorities said in the statement. “One of those illegal fireworks was ignited and malfunctioned, hitting the nearby eight-year-old boy and causing catastrophic injuries.”

The boy, who was shot in the upper body, was taken by family members to Arrowhead Regional Hospital, where he died, authorities said.

An investigation is underway, police said. Anyone with information is asked to contact the San Bernardino Police Department at (909) 384-5659.





Source link