The SEC – and Alabama – once again dominated the NFL draft.
The conference put 12 players in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, and Alabama led all schools with six caps on Thursday.
This was part of another dominant first round for the conference conference. The Big Ten was second followed with seven picks, and the ACC was third with six picks.
The Crimson Tide tied the record for most first-round picks, set by Miami in 2004. Alabama had three top 10 picks, including Miami’s Jaylen Waddle (No.6), Patrick Surtain Jr. of Denver (# 9). ) and DeVonta Smith of Philadelphia (# 10).
That race continued with Mac Jones of New England (# 15) and Alex Leatherwood of Las Vegas (# 17) and Najee Harris of Pittsburgh (# 23).
Five schools had multiple players selected in the first round, including Clemson, Miami, Northwestern, Penn State and Virginia Tech.
MORE NFL PROJECT:
Results of the 1st round | Winners and losers | Notes for each choice
NFL pick in 2021 college draft
First round pick by school
|North Dakota State||1|
|Caroline from the south||1|
First round pick by conference
How many Alabama players were drafted?
- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Dolphins (6th overall)
- Patrick Surtain II, CB, Broncos (n ° 9 in the general classification)
- DeVonta Smith, WR, Eagles (10th overall)
- Mac Jones, QB, Patriots (No.15 overall)
- Alex Leatherwood, OT, Raiders (17th overall)
- Najee Harris, RB, Steelers (No.24 overall)
How many Ohio State players have been drafted?
- Justin Fields, QB, Bears (11th overall)
How many Clemson players were drafted?
- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jaguars (No. 1 overall)
- Travis Etienne, RB, Jaguars (n ° 25 overall)