It’s time to register!
The world’s 50 best hotels in 2023 have been revealed by a group of 580 global hospitality industry experts, including hoteliers and travel journalists.
Passalacqua in Moltrasio, Italy, took first place in the inaugural ranking. The stunning resort overlooking Lake Como opened in June 2022 to quick acclaim.
“It’s a great recognition,” Passalacqua owner Valentina De Santis told CNN.
“We are an independent family hotel. And we are quite small. We just opened a year ago. It was really unexpected. And it was beyond our wildest dreams to arrive in the first part of the top 25. So we couldn’t be more proud.
NYC made the list twice, with Aman New York (No. 25), which opened in Midtown in August 2022, and Equinox Hotel New York in Hudson Yards (No. 48).
“We are honored to be recognized as one of the World’s 50 Best Hotels 2023. This recognition reaffirms a truly unique and differentiated innovative product,” Chris Norton, CEO of Equinox Hotels, said in a statement.
“We are redefining luxury for a new mindset and delivering an unparalleled experience to a community of high-achieving artists who want it all. »
The Post has contacted Aman for comment.
The smallest awarded property was Singita Lodges in South Africa’s Kruger National Park, which placed 15th and also received the Eco Hotel Award.
The De Santis family, meanwhile, already owned the Grand Hotel Tremezzo on Lake Como, a short drive away, when they purchased the Passalacqua property in 2018.
“It was a villa where a very noble family from Lake Como spent their vacations,” says De Santis, who describes Passalacqua as a “love story.”
The 18th-century property, once owned by Pope Innocent XI, was the former home of one of Italy’s most famous opera composers, Vincenzo Bellini.
The villa reopened as Passalacqua in June 2022, welcoming guests in just 24 rooms.
Three buildings are located on 7 acres of stunning landscape on the edge of one of Italy’s most popular and breathtaking destinations.
Guests can stay in the 12-bedroom main villa, which includes Bellini’s music room and piano; the eight-room Palazz, converted from the stables; or the four-room lakeside villa with private dining area and fireplace.
The lush green terraced gardens are dotted with 15 water fountains, a pétanque court, an outdoor gym, an olive grove and a tennis court.
The best hotels in the world
1. Passalacqua Italy Starting price: $1,300
2. Rosewood Hong Kong Starting price: $650
3. Four Seasons Bangkok on the Chao Phraya River Bangkok Starting price: $450
4. Hong Kong Upper House Starting Price: $650
5. Aman Tokyo starting price: $1,800
6. La Mamounia Marrakech Starting price: $900
7. Soneva Fushi Maldives Starting price: $2,800
8. One&Only Mandarina Puerto Vallarta Starting price: $1,300
9. Four Seasons Firenze Florence Starting price: $1,000
10. Mandarin Oriental Bangkok Starting price: $757
11. Capella Bangkok Starting price: $600
12. The Calile Brisbane Starting price: $330
13. Chablé Yucatán Chocholá Starting price: $770
14. Aman Venice Starting price: $1,500
15. Singita Lodges — Kruger National Park Starting price: $1,900
16. Claridge’s London Starting Price: $1,200
17. Raffles Singapore starting price: $2,000
18. Nihi Sumba Island Departure Fee: $1,300
19. Hotel Esencia Tulum Starting price: $1,100
20. Le Sirenuse Positano Starting price: $1,800
21. Borgo Egnazia Savelletri Starting price: $600
22. Connaught London starting price: $1,250
23. Royal Mansour Marrakech Starting price: $1,900
24. Four Seasons Madrid Starting Rate: $1,200
25. Aman New York Starting price: $1,750
26. The Maybourne Riviera Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Starting price: $1,000
27. Rosewood São Paulo Starting price: $700
28. Capella Singapore Starting price: $900
29. Le Bristol Paris Starting price: $3,200
30. Park Hyatt Kyoto Starting price: $2,000
31. La Réserve Paris Starting price: $1,700
32. Gleneagles Auchterarder Starting price: $700
33. Hôtel Du Cap-Eden-Roc Antibes Starting price: $1,650
34. Cheval Blanc Paris Starting price: $3,000
35. Four Seasons Astir Palace Athens Starting Rate: $550
36. Soneva Jani Maldives Starting price: $2,900
37. Newt Bruton’s starting price: $1,050
38. Amangalla Galle Starting price: $850
39. Hoshinoya Tokyo Starting price: $800
40. Desa Potato Head Seminyak Starting price: $350
41. Eden Rock St. Barths Starting price: $1,700
42. Siam Bangkok Starting price: $1,250
43. Badrutt’s Palace St. Moritz Starting price: $1,700
44. Atlantis The Royal Dubai Starting price: $460
45. The Oberoi Amarvilas Agra Starting price: $450
46. NoMad London Starting price: $435
47. Savoy London starting price: $850
48. Equinox New York Starting price: $900
49. Six Senses Ibiza Portinatx Starting price: $1,050
50. Hôtel de Crillon Paris Starting price: $3,000
New York Post