The Ministry of Health and Social Protection has registered 162 new cases of Covid-19 infection in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 1,167,894. 5,179 new tests have been carried out, bringing the total number to 11,643,322 since the start of the pandemic. The positivity rate drops to 3.12%.
As for the number of people declared cured, this rose to 1,150,307 with 134 new remissions this Sunday, indicates the same source, noting that the remission rate has reached 98.5%.
The ministry also announced that no deaths have been recorded in the past 24 hours. The number of deaths from the new coronavirus thus stands at 16,076 and the fatality rate at 1.4%.
Regarding active cases still under treatment or medical follow-up, the ministry reports that their number has reached 1,511 (+28) people, including 14 serious cases (+2). He further pointed out that the occupancy rate of Covid intensive care beds has increased to 0.3%.
The number of beneficiaries of the vaccination operation reached 24,829,942 (+52) for the first dose, 23,310,675 (+76) for the second and 6,410,684 (+291) for the third.
Here is the detailed geographical distribution of new cases by region and province:
- 72 cases in Casablanca-Settat: 59 in Casablanca, 10 in Nouaceur, 2 in Mohammedia and 1 in El Jadida.
- 43 cases in Rabat-Salé-Kénitra: 30 in Rabat, 10 in Skhirat-Temara, 2 in Salé and 1 in Kenitra.
- 25 cases in Marrakech-Safi: 17 in Marrakech, 6 in Rehamna, 1 in El Kelâa Des Sraghna and 1 in Al Haouz.
- 11 cases in Souss-Massa: 8 in Agadir Ida-Ou-Tanane and 3 in Taroudant.
- 6 cases in L’Oriental: 3 in Berkane, 1 in Oujda-Angad and 2 in Nador.
- 4 cases in Fez-Meknes: 1 in Fez, 1 in Taza and 2 in Meknes.
- 1 case in Tanger-Tétouan-Al Hoceïma: in Mdiq-Fnideq.